Day Out with Thomas 2017Buy tickets
All aboard for a Day Out with Thomas
Saturday 3 June
Sunday 4 June
Wednesday 7 June
Saturday 10 June
Sunday 11 June
The event opens at 10am and will close at 4pm with last admission at 2.30pm. Your scheduled train time will be printed on your ticket and you should allow 2 – 3 hours for your visit.
10.30, 11.15, 12.00, 13.30, 14.15, 15.00, 15.45
Group Ticket (5 Persons) £48
Family (2 adults and 2 children) £35
Child (5-16 yrs) £12
Child (1-4 yrs) £8
Child under 1 £FREE
The museum has its own car park next to the museum entrance. Parking should be booked when purchasing tickets. At weekends, additional on-street parking is available a short walk from the museum.
Please Note: On 7 June only 10 Disabled parking spaces and no general parking is available to book. All other cars should use the regular Park & Ride service from Northumberland Park Metro Station. It is £1.00 to park but the bus service is FREE.
All aboard for a Day Out With Thomas!
- Experience a 30 minute return train journey in 1950s heritage railway carriages
- Shake hands and have your photo taken with The Fat Controller
- Meet Rusty & Dusty, The Fat Controller’s mischievous comedy sidekicks
The entrance price includes all the above and much more:
- A variety of Thomas themed entertainment
- Live Thomas & Friends story re-enactments
- Craft activities in the Imagination Station
- Junior Engineer Certificate
- Gift shop selling Thomas & Friends merchandise
- Café serving hot and cold snacks and refreshments to purchase
- A Buggy Park for storing buggies and strollers during the train ride
Things to note ahead of your day:
- The train journey from the museum is a 1.75 mile linear journey (3 and 1/2 mile return) with no toilet facilities.
- Guests are welcome to bring their own refreshments to enjoy in our picnic area.
- Visitors with special access requirements should contact Stephenson Railway Museum in advance of purchasing tickets to ensure we can accommodate any special requirements.
- Children under 1 are free but will not be entitled to a seat on the train.
- Dogs, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted at this event.
Every effort will be made to run the event as stated. However, unforeseen circumstances may entail alterations / cancellations. No liability for loss, delay, disappointment or inconvenience can be accepted.